zaterdag 25 maart 2017

I'm Gonna Go Fishin' (Lee)

'Anatomy of a Murder (Main Theme)' is an instrumental composition by Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn for the 1959 courtroom crime drama film directed by Otto Preminger. The soundtrack album played by Ellington's Orchestra was released by Columbia Records.

Lyrics were added slightly later by Peggy LEE as 'I'm Gonna Go Fishin'':

Woke up this morning, wanting to cry, then I remember,
yes, I know why, he's a real good one for having his cake
I'm gonna go fishing or jump in the lake

Yes, I'm gonna go fishing, that's what I'll do, think about nothing,
not even you, catch a real big one, a big speckled trout
Snapping in the water, I'll pull him on out

Sweet talking liar, spin me a yarn, tell me a story,
big as a barn, don't stop listening, I won't hear you out
I'm gonna go fishing and catch me a trout


If a man is a liar, a man is a fool, playing for keepers
and breaking the rule, he'll be the loser, yet she'll find out
I'm gonna go fishing and catch me a trout

Here in the water, look at him shine, there goes a big one,
that one is mine, catch up the reel now, I've got the feel now
Snapped onto my fly rod, I've got me a trout

Sweet talking liar, you're in for a fall, you tell me a story,
you talk to the wall, don't go my way, I'm down the highway
I'm gonna go fishing and catch me a trout


Recordings exist by Jane Harvey w/ Don Elliott (1959), Peggy Lee, Mel Tormé, Big Miller w/ Bob Florence, Chris Connor, Ella Fitzgerald w/ Nelson Riddle,  Four Freshmen, Annie Ross, Singers Unlimited, Jeanie Bryson, Connie Evingson, Dr. John, Jenny Evans, Maria Muldaur, Lezlie Anders & Buddy Greco, Joe Baker and his Barefoot Brakemen, Carol Welsman, Jessica Pilnäs, Virginie Teychené, etc.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten