maandag 20 maart 2017

Song for My Father (Silver-2)

'Song for My Father' is a 1964 jazz standard written by Horace Silver. The first recording was recorded by his quintet on October 26, 1964 for release on Blue Note the next year. It featured Silver on piano, with Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone), Carmell Jones (trumpet), Teddy Smith (bass) and Roger Humphries (drums).

A 2nd set of lyrics was later written by Horace SILVER:

This little song for my father does things that no other can do
As I sing it to you
It has a rhythm and rhyme that will fasten his memory in time
As his beauty shines through

For through my mind and soul
My heart will always hold
A special place for him, it's true

We bow our heads and we pray every day's Father's Day
Let's review all that he means to you

Our mother's love is real nice but old Dad sacrificed for us too
Let us give him his due
We're very proud to be in his biography
We sing this song for him and you


Recordings exist by H. Silver ft. Andy Bey (1993), Dee Dee Bridgewater, Cheryl Conley, etc.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten