vrijdag 31 maart 2017

Moanin' (Hendricks)

"Moanin'" is an instrumental jazz standard composed by pianist Bobby Timmons. It was first recorded by Art Blakey's band feat. Timmons on the 1958 album of the same title.

Lyrics were added the next year by Jon HENDRICKS:

Every mornin' find me moanin'
Cuz of all I the trouble I see
Life's a loosing gamble to me
Cares and woes have got me moanin'

Every evenin' find me moanin'
I'm alone and crying the blues
I'm so tired of paying these dues
Ev'rybody knows I'm moanin'

Lord, I spend many a days and nights alone with my grief
Cuz I pray, really and truly pray, somebody will come and bring me relief.

Lord I try, really and truely try to find some relief
Lord I spend plenty of days and nights alone with my grief 
But I pray, really and truely pray, to find some relief. Yes Lord.


Recordings exist by Lambert-Hendricks-Ross (1959), Bill Henderson, Mel Tormé, Vikki Carr, Sarah Vaughan, Chris Farlowe, The Peanuts, Peter Lipa, Judy Niemack w/ Cedar Walton Trio, Jeffery Smith, Counterparts, Ron Kaplan, Karrin Allyson, Diane Marino, Regina Belle, Andrea Wolper, Bobby Watson & David Basse & Angela Hagenbach, Jane Stuart, Anita Wardell, etc.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten