dinsdag 4 april 2017

Turn Out the Stars (Lees)

'Turn Out the Stars' is a 1966 jazz instrumental composed by pianist Bill Evans.

Lyrics were added later by Gene LEES:

Turn out the stars, turn out the stars
Let eternal darkness hide me, if I can't have you beside me

Put out their fires, their endless splendour
Only reminds me of your tenderness

Stop the oceans roar, don't let the rivers run
Let me hear no more, the wondrous music of a skylark in the sun

Let it be done

Turn out the stars, turn out the stars
Shut off their light, stop every comet in its magic lonely flight
Let there be night, turn out the stars


Recordings exist by Meredith d'Ambrosio (1988), Madeline Eastman, Dominic Alldis, Luca Lapenna, Karen Gallinger, Tierney Sutton, Tina May, The Kelsey Jillette Group, Down 4 The Count, Joan Diaz Trio ft. Silvia Pérez, Karrin Allyson, Liane Carroll ft. Kirk Whalum, Emily McEwan, Johanna Schneider Quartet, Giorgia Sallustio, etc.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten