dinsdag 2 mei 2017

Social Call (Hendricks)

'Social Call' is an instrumental jazz composition written by Gigi Gryce and first recorded on May 26, 1955 by Art Farmer Quintet featuring Gryce on alto sax to be released on Prestige.

Lyrics were added slightly later by Jon HENDRICKS:


Happened to pass your doorway, gave you a buzz, that's all
Lately I thought lots about you, so I thought I'd pay a social call

Do you recall the old days, we used to have a ball
Not that I'm lonesome without you, I just thought I'd pay a social call

I'd lie and say things are just swell
But to tell the truth, I haven't been too well

If you should try to kiss me, I promise I won't stall
Maybe we'll get back together, starting from this
Incidental, elemental, simple social call


Recordings exist by Gigi Gryce Orchestra ft Ernestine Anderson (1955), Earl Coleman, Jon Hendricks, Betty Carter, Karrin Allyson, Sherri Roberts, Rebecca Kilgore, Agneta Engström, Sid Eden, Mitzi Zilka, Leora Cashe, Dianne Reeves, Elena Welch, Monica Borrfors, Cécile McLoren Salvant, Marianne Solivan, Oksana Ferenchuk, Anna Lauvergnac, Jerry Costanzo, Champian Fulton, Rosswell Rudd & Heather Masse, etc. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten