dinsdag 14 maart 2017

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy (Williams-Watson)

'Mercy, Mercy, Mercy' is a 1966 instrumental jazz standard composed by Joe Zawinul. Recorded by Julian "Cannonball" Adderley on his album 'Mercy, Mercy, Mercy! Live at The Club', it became a surprise hit.

Lyrics were added later by Larry WILLIAMS & Johnny "Guitar" WATSON:

My baby she may not look
Like one of those bunnies out of a Playboy Club
But she got somethin' much greater than gold
Crazy 'bout that girl 'cause she got so much soul

She got the kind of lovin', kissin' and a-huggin'
Sure is mellow, glad that I'm her fellow
And I know that she knocks me off my feet
Have mercy on me 'Cause she knocks me off my feet
There is no girl in the whole world that can love me like you do

My baby when she walks by
All the fellows go 'mmmm', and I know why
It's simply because that girl she looks/walks so fine
And if she ever leaves me I would lose my mind

Everybody in the neighborhood
Will testify that my girl she looks so good
She looks so fine she'd give eyesight to the blind
And if she ever leaves me I would lose my mind

Baby, yeah, you got that soulful feel, yeah, it's all right
Mercy, mercy, mercy


Recordings exist by Larry Williams & Johnny Watson (1967), Everly Brothers, The Buckinghams, The Creation, Southwest F.O.B., Ernestine Anderson, Maria Anadon, Philip Bailey, Paul Brown ft Bobby Caldwell, Bonnie Bramlett, Tony Adamo, etc


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten